Friday, April 7, 2017

Goals

As it comes time to draw the name of the winner of the amazing baking basket, I thought I would share with you all some of our fundraising goals.
I will be sharing how much you guys raised for us in each fundraiser and I thought you all would like to know where we are at.
I share detailed numbers because...
1. I want you guys to know how to pray specifically...seriously prayer works!
2. I want to educate people on adoption, what the fees look like, and why they exist.
3. I want to encourage people!  These numbers are BIG but God is BIGGER.  I want you all to see on paper how your donation or your share on facebook is physically bringing an orphan closer to a family.  I want you to see how God will provide every single penny by the time our little girl comes home.

I do want you all to know that we do not fundraise all of the money.  A lot of it comes out of our own pocket.  So far this adoption has cost about $5000.  This has all come out of our savings.  We continue to save and continue to work hard.  If we could, we would be happy to pay for the entire process ourselves.  Asking for help is never fun.  But we can't and we have come to learn that our lack of funds gives others the opportunity to be involved in this amazing journey.

Okay so the drawing for the basket is tomorrow and you guys are AMAZING!  I am blown away by the money raised on this first fundraiser.  So many people have been so supportive and a friend of ours has completely spear headed this whole thing.  Its just been awesome. 

Between facilitation fees, country fees, and travel fees, we have come up with the magic number of $25,000.
This is our goal to raise in the next 6 months or so.  Seems pretty insane, pretty impossible.
Not for God.

Cayenne already had a grant to her name raised by a family that met her a while back.  The grant is for $1200.  So the good news is we are already on a roll!  

Keep following our journey.  You are not going to want to miss how God pulls this one off!

P.S. I read all of your comments when you donate on paypal and they all warm my heart and make me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment