Tuesday, June 27, 2017

When our best just isn't good enough....

In a past few weeks I have seen orphans pass away. 
I have watched with disbelief as their soon to be adoptive parents pursued them until the very end...unable to get there in time.
I have shook with anger at the injustice these little ones suffer.
I have cried over the fact that if these little angles were in the U.S., they would live.  A short plane ride away from the proper medical treatment....yet they die.

They die without a family.
They die without comfort.
They die without hope.
It rocks me to my core every time.

It frustrates me to no end that I can not do enough.  I can hardly do anything to make a different to the million of orphans. 
Have you heard the star fish story?



"It made a difference for that one."
What if thats not enough?
The good that I can do is NOT enough.
Thats why I share.
Its why I flood your facebook with non-stop adoption posts and fundraising events.
Its why I tell anyone and everyone who asks me about adoption that they should adopt no matter how rude or annoying they may think I am.

If only...
If only the church would stand up, climb out of their comfort zones, and be the hands and feet of Jesus.
I have accepted that the world is the way it is because of sin...it won't be right until Jesus comes back.
But can't a girl just be incredibly, irrationally, and consistently unsettled that she can't do more?




No comments:

Post a Comment