Sunday, March 19, 2017

Our Girl

I feel like I should tell all you wonderful blog readers a little more about our little Cayenne.
She is from a country in Eastern Europe that does not share a lot of details and does not allow a lot of details to be shared.

We ourselves are going into this thing a bit blind with almost no information about her at all!
It makes it not only exciting but also a little scary.
A family who traveled to pick up their son several months ago actually met Cayenne.
I was able to track them down and get a little more information about her personality and a couple ADORABLE videos.

Besides being from Europe, I can tell you that she is a Roma Gypsy.
If you know me, you know that I just absolutely LOVE the diversity of my family and am very proud of all the cultures my family represents.
When we started this adoption process, I saw a girl with dark curly hair in my mind.
Its just the vision that God gave me, I can't explain it!
We passed over several children just not feeling they they were the child God called us to.
When we saw Cayenne, our hearts melted, my mama bear instincts came out, and I knew she was mine.

This little girl made special needs not seem so scary.
She made medical bill for the rest of our lives feel worth it.
She made the idea of adopting again feel possible.



When we were told that she was discriminated against for her heritage in her own home(orphanage) that was it for us.  Gavin said he couldn't stand that injustice and had to go get her.
Not only does this sweet thing not have a mommy or daddy, but she is disliked by the nannies charged with her care.  She has no one to love her, no one to defend her, and she lives a very cold and loveless existence.

This family that met her several months ago had several stories about how their son and her were best friends. They said she gave him lots of hugs and kisses.  They said she was just dying for a family of her own and they could see it in her eyes.  At outside playtime they would go off to get some alone time with their son and she would sit around and just watch them....probably dreaming...maybe feeling sad.

Our sweet girl has no idea that she has parents coming for her and wont know until we travel for our first trip.  We are hoping our first trip will be in about 9 months.  We really just can't wait to claim her as our own and to see the look on her face when they tell her she has a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment